Sleep is an essential element in the recovery of physical and psychic forces. Sleep The benefits are multiple and involved for many welfare and efficiency. It allows physical recovery, mental and intellectual, through:
– The secretion of growth hormone which facilitates cellular renewal;
– A positive effect on intellectual activities: attention, memory, reasoning and logic;
– Recovery of resilience to pain and stress.
There are “small”, “medium” and “long” sleepers. The first merely 5 hours, the second (majority) of 7 to 8 hours, but the third need more. For that sleep is recovery, not only must its duration is sufficient, but that continuity is preserved.
So we have to sleep because sleep is the period when our body is at rest and gather all the strength he needs to relax in order to ensure our well-being.
It is especially during the night that the body is restored, creating defenses against infections and produces hormones. The skin is so refreshing to start a new day.
Sleep helps maintain beauty and youth
When we have a lack of sleep, the face looks tired and dull. Puffiness and wrinkles are thus very marked. Getting enough sleep is, therefore, essential not only for our well-being in general, but for our beauty in particular.
How many hours should we sleep?
The ideal duration of sleep is biologically different for each person. The standard for an adult is from 7 to 8 hours.
But the older we get, the less sleep we need. A baby will need, on average, 15 to 20 hours of sleep against 10 to 12 hours for a child.
Some tips for good sleep
– Avoid eating too late and too fat
– Avoid eating too spicy, sugary or caffeinated
– Time of sunrise and regular bedtime
– Avoid stimulation
– The importance of ritual attempt to create a calming ritual for your body
– While spending his energy during the day
– Avoid disrupting agents during sleep
– Avoid high ambient temperature or too low.